Monday, July 7, 2008

An Apology to Qtilla and friend

Yesterday afternoon I received a visit at the store from the beautiful and talented Qtilla, of Seattle Umbrella Conspiracy and Spoilers SUC fame. It was the first time she had been able to make it by since the opening and I was glad that she made the time to come in. Not only had she come by but she had brought a friend with her, (who's name I do not know even though I have now met him twice) It was a super slow day and normally I would have been thrilled to have friends drop by and chat but unfortunately, as I said before, it was a slow day. So slow that I thought, "Hey. The guys in my guild on Warcraft have been bugging me to do a raid with them for months now. Let's see if I can swing it this evening."

I had, literally, just spent thirty minutes convincing them that I would be able to raid with them and we had just started the fore mentioned raid when Q walked in the door. Now, all I had to say to the two of them was, "I'm so glad you came by but unfortunately I just started something online that I can't get out of so if I seem distracted, I apologize." I would assume that being around geek culture as much as Q has been, she would understand. But I didn't say that. As a matter of fact, I don't think I said much of anything. Without going into the particulars of my weekend, I was a bit out of it Sunday regardless of playing on the computer or not. Not that I am using that as an excuse. Just stating a fact that I was a bit of a zombie anyway Sunday.

Anyway, at the least, I must have seemed distracted. At worst, I must have come off as rude. In any case, I owe an apology.

I am sorry.

I hope that my social stupidity doesn't prevent you from dropping by again when you are in the area. I hope that I didn't cause any kind of embarrassment to The Comic Stop family by being an idiot. I promise that next time you are here, I will not be such a moron. (Well, at least not so rude as to play games while you are here. The moron thing I'm just stuck with)

1 comments that I will completely misinturpret:

qtilla said...

I just assumed that you were busy. Which you totally were.

This is not the first time I've been erm... WOW'd.

Conversations with my mother go as follows:
Q: Hi, Mom, what's up?
M: *silence*
Q: Mom?
M: Oh yes?
Q: Are you on WOW?! YOU CALLED ME!